Friday, May 11, 2012

Where do I start! RA5Kin2012

"How has RA5Kin2012 motivated me?  Where do I start! I can tell you it started before it was created. I stumbled across a blog one day and was instantly captivated by this person.  I laughed, I cried, I got really ticked off but mostly I cheered for her.  Never did I let her know I was there stalking her blog.  Hee hee.  Well in 2011 my life went downhill and fast.  I wanted to hide from everything and everyone.  But while I was retreating into myself, this amazing woman was grabbing life by the horns and experiencing everything she possibly could.  I wanted that.  I would be 40 soon and wanted a change.  I finally made myself known and hit her up on facebook and then RA5kin2012 was created.  I though why the hell not and signed up for a 10k and started to train.  I read about everyone else finishing their races and finally the time came for me to run.  I ran that 10k and came 4 minutes under my goal time.  I had never run before in my life prior to January and I am still running to this day.  I post my training runs and RA5k always has an encouraging word.  Next week I am going to sign up for my 1st Half-Marathon.
All of this because someone had the courage to start her journey and share all her ups and downs with the rest of us!  Thanks RA5k!"

No comments:

Post a Comment