Friday, May 11, 2012

"Just a little further", and anything is possible." RA5K2012

"My friend...
She did a short film montage of the year that was coming to pass. In it, was a bit on how she ran her first 5k. Somehow, she had convinced me to run with her. This was my first race since High School. She had motivated me into running the race. I decided to motivate her to finish it.
"Just a little further" I kept saying.
We finished.
She inspires me. 
She started a page. Run. Who the heck wants to run? I was suprised to find out, that I do. And I want other people to join us. Run. Keep moving. Keep motivated. Keep positive. 
I finished my first half marathon, just a year after that race. I set a goal, she kept me positive and focused. I made another friend join me. 
"Just a little further" I kept saying.
We finished that race. 
My friend says I am an inspiration. But it is She that inspires me. We keep each other motivated. We pick each other back up when we are down. We give each other a hard time for slacking off. Praise, for when we do good. We are inspiration, for we have been inspired. 
"Just a little further", and anything is possible."

No comments:

Post a Comment